[Translate to Englisch:] Der historische Architektur des "Güntzpalast"
The residence has an impressively quiet and clearly articulated façade - consisting of a grid composition of combined elements and vertical emphasis, one of the early examples of postwar modernism in Dresden.
Architect Prof. Rauda set the entrance unbalanced in the left half of the building with a small roof, resting on slender columns. The other buildings down the güntzstraße represent a more traditional way of architecture.
The facade is articulated with slight forward and backward jumps, and two bay windows. Particular attention is paid to fine sandstone relief sculptural work, which rest entirely in the classical canon form.
The southern facade is decorated with a grid of eleven reliefs on the history of Dresden - "the last work of Professor Reinhold Langner, January 1957" is the message on a blackboard. Even this is clearly a desire to connect Dresden's architectural tradition, firmly rooted in a synthesis of art and architecture.
At the entrance stands the sandstone sculpture "Flight will of man", designed in 1956 by Max Lachnit, brother of the Dresden painter Wilhelm Lachnit. Noteworthy is also the kidneytable-like curved shape of the triangular basin - in the style of the 50s of the 19th Century.